Are you looking for something tasty and healthy to snack on today? Below are some of my favorites…
1) Red grapes with cinnamon (Miraval Fitness Supervisor Pam Trudeau shared this one with me)- Wash and then sprinkle with cinnamon so it sticks to the wet grapes. Delicious!
2) Cantaloupe shake – dice up cantaloupe and toss in the blender with some ice. Truly refreshing.
3) Yogurt Drink (served at many Indian restaurants) Pour a cup or so of plain yogurt, 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and a few mint leaves into the blender. Nice and refreshing.
4) Yogurt Dip – Add a little salt to some plain yogurt and use it as dip for cucumber slices or whatever raw veggies you love.
5) Berry shake – Add a cup of frozen blueberries (or another berry favorite), a cup of almond milk and a half a banana into the blender.
6) Energy shake – If you need extra calories to keep your weight up, try a cup of almond milk, a banana and a half a cup of peanut butter.
7) Ginger snaps (Trader Joe’s are the best) – a little sweet and soothing on the stomach.
Sliced wheat pita and hummus – need I say more?
I hope you will ditch the chips and try one of my favorite snacks today. Happy munching.